Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Friday, March 16, 2012

From the Pep Band

From the Pep Band
by Sara Jewkes
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog
Flyer Flash Column


------

You see them at basketball and football games every home game. Being in pep band is one of the biggest things the band does all school year. The pep band is probably the most spirited at every game compared to the other students, in my opinion. I have been in the Dixie High band since my sophomore year and every year gets better with more school spirit and different songs.

My sophomore year was awesome because the football team made it to state up at the University of Utah and the band got to go and play with them! That is probably on of my favorite memories of being in band.

At the first football home game of this year, I remember a lot of the boys and some of the girls painted their face and arms to show the other school how much spirit we have.

Most of the time their are more pep band students than the pep club students which shows how dedicated everyone is to band.

Pep band is probably one of my favorite things to do aside from our competitions because we get to cheer on our school football and basketball teams and we get in the games for free!! I love going to the games because I love being with my friends that are in the band and we have such a good time.

There are so many different songs that the band plays that are familiar such as Monster, Love Drunk, and Wipe Out. It takes a lot of practice to accomplish making these songs presentable. I play the bass drum so my favorite song to play is Monster because it has such a big bass drum part with solos and such that it just makes it fun to play.

I am glad to be in band because I have such an amazing opportunity to play in front of my school and the community and I love being at the games playing as loud as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate