Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Week Without My Phone


My Week Without My Phone
by Brandy Kraiprai
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog


------


When people say you’d die without a phone, they aren’t kidding. I spent a whole week without my cell and it was torturous! 


The first day was probably the easiest, since I made sure all my friends knew I wasn’t going to have it. I would absently grab for my phone in my pocket, then remember I didn’t have it. 


The next day was terrible. I’d think my phone would vibrate in my pocket, or that I had forgotten something in my friends car, but wouldn’t be able to text her to grab it for me. 


The third and fourth day were the same as the second, but instead of watching tv all day, I’d busy myself with reading or decorating my walls in my bedroom, which are now covered posters and pictures. 







The fifth day was easier, I was finally coming accustomed to being phone-less, my phone gathering dust on the night stand next to my bed, turned off. 


The day dragged on during school on the sixth day since I couldn’t text anyone while bored out of my mind in a class that I was caught up in. It was a Friday and everyone probably had plans to do things and since I didn’t have my phone, I couldn’t do what everyone else was, which involved texting my friends and telling them what we were going to do that night. It sucked. 


Finally it was Saturday, the worst day to not have my phone. I couldn’t get a hold of anyone to make plans, my fingers itched to move over the familiar keyboard of my cell, and I couldn’t think of anything else except that the next day I could use it. 


The whole week was pretty much a suck-fest for me. No phone, no plans, no fun. That’s what it’s like when you don’t have a phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate