Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Years at Dixie


My Years at Dixie
by Tyler Johnson
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog

------

From sophomore to senior I have had all of my high school years at Dixie. Though I was hesitant and skeptical at first about Dixie, I later came to realize that it was quite enjoyable. In the beginning it started out as me being unsure about things, but later I realized that everything would turn out just fine.
 
Sophomore year was kind of new to me for awhile. With a new place and new friends, I was not really used to the school. It took me about a month to get used to being at Dixie. It was a funny sight to see me lost or going to the right class during the wrong period.
 
I remember several times walking into a classroom and seeing people that I had never seen before, I would then laugh in embarrassment and try to find the right class.
 
I would get lost in the hallway too. I would think and look around, even stand there until I could remember or got the nerve to ask the office. Even though I would get lost this much, it was fun and kind of like an adventure.
 
It was also different that year because I had moved here from Georgia during fourth quarter of my freshman year, so I started out not knowing many people.
 
Junior year had a more familiar feel to it because I knew the the school, teachers, and most importantly, my friends. It was very easy to get from class to class except for the distraction of friends. I would stand and talk until the one minute bell would ring and then I’d barely make it to class. It was fun, though hectic, and kind of an escape from societal norms and the everyday rituals.


I do have to admit, it was fun to walk into class late and have everyone staring at you, even when the teacher would ask why and I would reply, “I was talking to my friends.” I just enjoyed being straightforward with the teachers, or with anyone in that matter.

 
Senior year has been going by so fast. It is a blur and it doesn’t seem like I've been at school for as long as I have.
 
This year I have realized who my friends are, how precious they can be, and that I would like to continue seeing them after I graduate.
 
I have also realized that a future in education is an important aspect in my life. I now plan on going to college during and after my time in the US. Marine Corp. and I would like to thank Dixie for a unique high school experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate