Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Senior Memories


Senior Memories
by Kestra White
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog

------

Everyone says that time flies by so fast. It turns out they were right. Even though I am a senior I still feel like a sophomore.
 
The one thing that pops into my head of a memory of my high school years is was watching “Julius Caesar” video projects in Mr. Christensen’s 10th grade English class. Also, turning in a time capsule for another English project, which didn't turn out so well. Another favorite memory of my sophomore year was being in Mr. Myers Spanish 3 class and the strange stories he would tell of his childhood that made the class laugh a lot.
 
During my Junior year, the thing I can remember the most was the crazy seniors in the journalism class and how I was the only Junior in that class. What made them crazy was that the chief editor Mikayla always seemed to talk about cats or Harry Potter. There were also a few sophomores in that class as well.
 
Also, what I can remember from that class was at the end of the year playing Uno with a few members of the journalism staff.


Another memory that pops into my head was when my friends Katie and Abby Pike, Rebekah Wood, and Sara and Mallorie Jewkes decided to throw me a surprise birthday party because most of them couldn't show up to the party on the day I scheduled it. Abby Pike asked me at lunch, “Do you want to play basketball with us at Christensen park on Thursday?” I agreed and it turned out to be a surprise party.


These years have been the craziest times of my life like the time my date to Sadie's, Walker Swensen and I played Catch-Phrase at the red cliffs picnic area. Then Stockton Hiatt took me bowling after eating spaghetti, we didn’t go to a dance but we had a lot of fun bowling he took me the week before preference.
 
The first time I was a sophomore here at Dixie I felt like I wouldn’t have anyone to hang out with and that year was going to be just like the year before but I was wrong when my friend Abby Pike came up and said hi and then her sister Katie, and Rebekah Wood invited me to join their table.
 
Another one is when it was girls week during my sophomore year and I got a bunch of chocolate kisses from someone. This year someone sent me a singing telegram and it was in front of the whole school it was very sweet and very awkward at the same time but it was nice to have the Madrigals sing to me.
 
Madrigals are pretty neat even though I never joined the group I still love to hear them sing. One time when I went with them up north last year and listening to them sing, “And the Walls come tumbling down.” It was really awesome how they were all able to harmonize with one another; they all really have great voices.
 
That’s most of what I can remember from the years I have been here at Dixie and I am sort of excited and nervous about graduation this year. I just can’t believe how fast it has come and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate