Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Useless April Fool's Day


Useless April Fool's Day
by Sara Jewkes
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog
Flyer Flash: Opinion

------

I remember watching The Parent Trap,with Lindsey Lohan, as a kid and when they are both at the same summer camp. My favorite part from that movie was when Haley pulled a huge prank on Annie with the water balloons, honey, and whipped cream all over the room.


I think of April Fools when I watch that scene, and how I would absolutely hate it if someone pulled a prank like that on me. I’ve never really had a prank pulled on me like that but I have never liked April Fools because of the pranking and jokes pulled on that day.


Every year I get the same prank done to me over and over again. Toothpaste on oreos or just the same old jokes. Why do we have April Fool’s Day?



I do not see the point in having a holiday that you don't do anything but prank people. Holidays are supposed to be a time to spend with family like Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving.


April Fool’s is just a day for people to prank other people. People prank each other all the time even if it is not on that day.


There shouldn't be a day for just pranking because that is so useless. You don't even see things in stores for April Fools like you do with other well known holidays.


I don't even see people do anything on April Fool’s Day that much anymore anyway. If no one is going to do April Fools anymore they should just take it off the calendars.


Some people don't even like getting pranked on. If someone doesn't like getting pranked on and someone pranks on them, that person won't be very happy later on.


I don't like April Fool’s Day at all and no one ever does it that much anymore so I think that they should take this “holiday” off the calendars.


Some people may think that April Fool’s is the best holiday, but it's not mine and I think it's the worst holiday of the whole year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate