Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Restitution is NEVER Fun


Restitution is NEVER Fun
by Brandy Kraiprai
Staff Writer, The Dixie Blog

------

I love going to school on Saturdays, waking up extra early, spending money on something that’s normally free, and hanging out with people I don’t really wanna be around at 8am in the morning! Did you really think I was serious? I’m kidding, I would never love any of those things, which is why I don’t like restitution; it’s all those things and more.
 

Who likes to spend ten dollars for two hours of extra schooling, which isn’t even going in as extra credit? Not me. Honestly, restitution isn’t fun even when you get it with your best friend.  “It doesn’t benefit you in school. All you do is sit around...” Alexandra Telford, a junior, expressed about her feelings on restitution.

Saturdays should be spent in the sun, hiking, shopping, or even just being lazy at home. When you’re in restitution, there’s never anything to do besides homework or sudoku, but trust me; doing sudoku for two hours gets exhausting.



Waking up early for school is a challenge, same with getting here before 8:15 am, so when I have to wake up earlier to get to school before eight, or lose the money I spent on restitution, it puts me in an extremely negative mood. “It sucks. They make you pay and they make you go. It’s a stupid rule.” Louie Barlow, a senior said.

I know not going to school can be fun, but it’s definitely better than having to spend Saturday and spending money on school, which is normally free. “I don’t really like it because it’s a waste of time. I’d rather be sleeping or hanging out, but not restitution.” Marcos Vazquez, a sophomore explained.
 

So, if you ever feel like not coming to school, remember that it will add up and it won’t be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate