Search The Dixie Blog

NOTICE

The Dixie Blog has recently undergone an update that will change how pictures appear on the blog. Please stay tuned and check back with us while we work on this problem. Soon, all photos on The Dixie Blog will be available on our Google+ page. Thank you!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

D Week


Jello Wrestling
Photo Credit: Shaun Smith, The Dixie Blog
D Week
by Samantha Aldrich
Editor, The Sports Hangar

------

D Week was a whole new experience for the sophomores and any other new students at Dixie High.
 

As a new freshman last year I had no idea what D Week even was. Especially being from Snow Canyon and all. It didn’t seem like a big deal to me.
 

Going all through school this year and hearing people talk about how they couldn’t wait for D-week and how it was their favorite week of the whole year, I started to rethink my previous ideas.
 

The first day of jello wrestling seemed weird to me. Why would anybody want to go out in this hot weather and wrestle in a bunch of jello with other students and dye their skin blue? At first it was the stupidest thing I’d ever heard. But when watching this, I couldn’t help but laugh and enjoy watching my fellow Flyers do just what I was questioning.
 

Not all the fun ended on Monday though, Tuesday was just as great, if not better. It was Night on Broadway. It was so much fun to sit in the packed audience and watch the drama kids give one last performance of the year. The mashup of a variety of the different broadway plays blew my mind.
 

When Wednesday rolled around for the Student Breakfast and Mr. Dixie pageant. I was stoked. Hearing about all of this on the announcements the past few weeks got me excited to see what would be coming up. Boys? In a pageant? Yeah right!? Are the teachers really serving us breakfast? No way!
 

I thought the pageant was great and congrats to our Mr. Dixie! And teachers, the breakfast was delish!



Thursday’s Diamond D assembly was really great as well. Seeing all of those Diamond D students walk out on the stage made me want to be just like them. A hundred hours of service for our school! How great is that? Who wouldn’t want to graduate a Diamond D and paint the Dixie on the sugarloaf?
 
Last but definitely not least, D Day. As the seniors ran the Bucket Run trying to beat the past times, there was also the senior breakfast on the sugarloaf.
 

After going to first period only, everyone was treated to the Class Olympics out at the field and afterwards the Senior Show-off in the auditorium. Seeing all the students competing for their title and watching the seniors show off before graduating as a true Flyer, left a huge imprint on me.
 

To end the week, the D Day Dance gave the students one last time this year to get together and just have a blast!
 

D Week was an amazing experience and now I can say it’s my favorite week of the school year. I love Dixie with all my heart and can’t wait to see what it holds in store next year! Go Flyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation in order to comply with The Dixie Blog's Policies & Procedures. For more information, please contact us using the form on the 'Contact Us' page.

Translate